Black Bean Sweet Potato Breakfast Burritos


Doesn't this just look amazing?!
I love a good breakfast burrito. I don't love sweet breakfasts very often, so when I find a good savory breakfast I have to try it. 
The other day I was playing around with a breakfast burrito recipe and after a lot of tweaking I created this beauty. 
The other GREAT thing! YOU CAN FREEZE THEM!

So what do you do first?

First you are going to peel and shred your two sweet potatoes and chop up your onion. Heat about 2 tsp. of olive oil in a large frying pan and put your sweet potatoes and chopped onion in the pan. (Secret: I hate chopping onions. They always make me cry. So I either make my husband do it or I get the ninja chopper out.) Cook them until they are cooked through and golden brown. 
Then add the 1/2 cup of salsa and 15 oz. can of black beans that you have previously drained and rinsed.  Continue to cook the mixture until warmed through.  Now that everything is cooked remove from the pan and place to the side in a large bowl. 


Now you are going to take medium sized bowl and whisk your 8 large eggs, chop up your cilantro, dice up your avocado, and shred 1/2 cop of cheddar cheese. 
Place a tsp. of oil in pan and scramble the eggs until light and fluffy then add to the potato bean mixture. 

 Now it's time to assemble. Take Your 10 tortillas and distribute the potato egg mixture between the tortillas. Top with cheese, cilantro, and avocado. 


 (I use whole wheat soft taco size tortillas)

 SO YUMMY!!!!!!!!
I your are going freeze them wrap each burrito individually in a paper towel and store in a ziplock freezer bag. When you are ready to eat them you can either take them right out of the freezer and warm them up in the paper towel or place it in the fridge the night before (I prefer this) and warm it up in the paper towel after it has thawed out. (It seems to heat better when it's thawed, and the paper towel keeps the tortilla moist while heating.) 


1 comments:

  1. I'm totally going to try these :) Thanks for the recipe! I love that you can freeze them.

    ReplyDelete

 

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a Mom to 7 in the wonderful state of Kentucky. The love of my life and I own our little homestead with big dreams. I am a musician currently getting my certification in Music Therapy. We both have full time jobs and a busy life that has gotten in the way of life lately. We are on a mission to reclaim life and get back into being young again.
01 09 10