Fit Dish Interview

What is your proudest achievement to date?
I have lots of proudest achievements. I am a jack of all trades. I can sew, I can run, I can sing, play piano and a handful of other instruments, I can teach...the list goes on. But my proudest achievement would have to be learning to love myself and my body.I have always been good at working out and loving it. I haven't always been skinny but I have always been healthy and strong. Trust me there's a difference. But just last year I finally really came to a point where I didn't let the constant "are you pregnant?" question, the scale or anything/anyone else tell me who I was and how I looked. 


WHAT KEEPS YOU PASSIONATE?

My Family
I love my family and I want to be around for them. I want to have the energy to go to all the football, baseball, soccer games. I want to be able to watch my daughters gymnastics and run around on the beach and lake with my kids. 
I also want to teach them how to be healthy and make the right choices now while they are young so when they are older that have the knowledge to live a long and healthy life. 

WHAT MAKES YOU THE MOST PROUD TO BE A WOMAN?

That I can do so many things men can't do. I can have children, I can multitask, I can be me. I strongly believe that women have a higher pain tolerance then men. I am pretty darn proud of that. 


WHY DO YOU THINK IT’S SO IMPORTANT FOR WOMEN TO UNITE AS A SISTERHOOD AND EMPOWER EACH OTHER?

Friends are so important. I have plenty of guy friends but they will never truly get what I'm going through. They build muscle different, they don't have a empathetic bone in their body. Women have this special bond when it comes to sisterhood. We need that. We need it in our workout buddy, we need it everywhere. Life would be boring without those people that you accidentally match when you are going out together. (FYI we literally matched. We both wore leggings, the same shirt, side braids and I had taken my glasses off)

WHAT ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF SOME SMALL WAYS WE CAN EMPOWER THE WOMEN AROUND US IN OUR DAY TO DAY LIFE?

This could go for everyone not just women. I have two huge but simple ones. 

1. Don't judge
  •       - We all have to start somewhere. Whether we have always been a lifter or we are just started. We are all on our own journey and we all go at our own pace. Just because someone isn't to where you are at doesn't mean they are any less then you. 
  • We also all have our struggles. What might be one persons struggles might be another persons strengths. 
2. Encourage Each other

WHAT IS ONE PIECE OF ADVICE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH THE FITFAM?

We are all at different points in our life, and we are all capable of different fitness levels. But just remember that the better you take care of it the better you are going to feel. We all have to start somewhere and baby steps are ok. 




4 comments:

  1. Hooray for a fellow jack of all trades! :P Definitely with you on not being judgmental and also on encouraging others! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading this, Elise! You are so beautiful, inside and out, and I love how you explain you have always been healthy and strong. What a source of pride and joy. You are such a great example of health to us, and your family, and I love your determination to be involved in the things your family does, right along side with them. So studly! Thanks for linking, friend. Muah! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elise this is awesome! Don't judge is huge and adds a sincerity to empowering each other. Thanks for sharing. Love the JL quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you are right.. baby steps are okay! We all have our own journey to walk down. Love your family pic and your friend pic.. so cute y'all ended up matching!

    ReplyDelete

 

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a Mom to 7 in the wonderful state of Kentucky. The love of my life and I own our little homestead with big dreams. I am a musician currently getting my certification in Music Therapy. We both have full time jobs and a busy life that has gotten in the way of life lately. We are on a mission to reclaim life and get back into being young again.
01 09 10