You Are Enough!

We all want to be better then we are. There's nothing wrong with that. Isn't that the the whole purpose of being alive is striving to become a better person?

We must remember though that as we strive to be better we also have to remember that we are enough. 
A couple of months ago I wrote a post on Designing Yourself. We constantly fall in the trap of wanting to become someone else.
We say 
"If my hair would just curl like that I would be happy." 
"If I could just sing like her I would be happy with myself." 
 " If I could just have that flat stomach like her I would be happy."
"If I could just have muscles like her I would be happy." 

When are you Enough!?
I challenge you to make a change right now with me. 
I have said all those sentences above. I am sick of saying all those sentences above, because honestly, right now I am enough. 
That doesn't mean I'm not striving to lift heavier, or run faster, or sing better. It just means that I am happy with the progress I am making. I am designing myself


In the process of DESIGNING MYSELF
I have learned that
I CAN DO HARD THINGS
Whether that hard thing is lifting heavier, getting up early enough, keeping my house clean, budgeting, getting my daughter to school on time, the list goes on. 
Life is one giant challenge. We don't have challenges because we aren't good enough. We have challenges because that's part of life, because we are enough, and we can handle those challenges. 
I used to worry constantly what people though of me by the way I dressed, talked, acted, believed. You name it I worried about it.
 I have started to realize that who I am is who I am and just because someone doesn't like that aspect of me I don't have to change. Part of that is I have anxiety and that's one of my Hard Things that I GET to work through. But it designs me, and I love that about me. I am enough the way I am. Not everyone has to like me and I don't have to be like everyone else. 

I DESIGN MYSELF




3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this, Elise! I completely agree that we design ourselves...it's us! Not our circumstances, not those around us etc etc, we can change what we want to change, and live how we want to live!!! Loved your post, thanks so much for sharing and linking up! #fitfamlove

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post Elise! By the way, nice to meet you. Thanks for linking up and sharing your inspiring words with the #fitfam.

    Would you mind helping us spread the word by including a link back in your post? Thanks so much!

    #believe

    ReplyDelete

 

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a Mom to 7 in the wonderful state of Kentucky. The love of my life and I own our little homestead with big dreams. I am a musician currently getting my certification in Music Therapy. We both have full time jobs and a busy life that has gotten in the way of life lately. We are on a mission to reclaim life and get back into being young again.
01 09 10