My Motivation to be Healthy

When I got married I was super skinny. I was young, could eat whatever I wanted, and didn't think anything of it. When I got pregnant my body went into maternal mode. It held onto every calorie I ate and I gained 50 pounds. Luckily I was still young and I was able to lose most of the weight. 
Unfortunately life has caught up with me and I am not young and skinny anymore and I need to be proactive about my life. 

I have always loved fitness and I have always had a fascination with healthy food. However I have a huge problem with my body image. I have never liked my stomach, legs, I always look like I have a double chin. I hate it. I have a bad body image and an unhealthy relationship with food in the past. I want all that to change. I want to teach my children that food is yummy and I want them to enjoy it. But I also want them to learn how to enjoy it and how to make smart choices when they want a treat.

So what's my motivation? My kids. I love my kids and I know that they learn by example. If I don't learn now to improve my body image and improve my relationship with food my kids are more likely to develop the same bad habits as me.


I'm also doing it for myself. You know the saying, "when moms not happy no body's happy"? Well that is very true and I know the best way to make me happy is to keep myself active and healthy. If I don't have the opportunity to go to the gym I feel crappy physically and mentally. And when I don't workout I don't have the motivation to eat healthy.


1 comments:

 

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a Mom to 7 in the wonderful state of Kentucky. The love of my life and I own our little homestead with big dreams. I am a musician currently getting my certification in Music Therapy. We both have full time jobs and a busy life that has gotten in the way of life lately. We are on a mission to reclaim life and get back into being young again.
01 09 10